Saturday, July 10, 2010

Continued Frustrations

Went to pickup the trailer last evening. Frustration continues with the issues of the kitchen sink plumbing and the slide. Began the run through with Jimmy the technician. We began with the update of the plumbing on the kitchen sink. He replaced the sink altogether. Upon looking the work, we both noticed the buckling of drain. So this was the third time the plumbing had failed to work. The block under the cabinet pulled out of the cabinet underneath AGAIN! So far there has not been a fix for this continued problem. It's amazing that Keystone has not offered a fix for this. While he was working on the plumbing, I looked in another 245RB on the lot to see how that sink was installed. This was a 2011, Passport. The plumbing appeared solid and had the same under cabinet installation set up. So why does our trailer have so many problems? The sink was more sturdy

The slide is a whole other issue. Jimmy modified the bracket by grinding it down to decrease the binding on the metal facia. He had me attempt to extend the slide and when I did, it didn't move! It bound up on the top bracket. This is still a major issue and will not be fixed even with new facia. I firmly believe that this will not fix the problem. Without the proper adjustment of the brackets, the issue will continue. I spoke with Jim Humble, GM of Windish and voiced my concerns about the frustration and that his technician's cannot get this slide fixed and told him the only solution would be for Keystone to replace the entire slide. He stated to me, he has never seen them do that. I retiterated that this trailer had to be fixed by Monday afternoon.

Unfortunately, I had to leave the trailer at the dealership over the weekend and therefore, could not begin cleaning it out and prepping it for the trade. I e-mailed Mr. Humble and requested that based on Windish's history and small town values, the right thing to do for us is to buy the trailer back for what we paid minus the cost of the hitch and we would walk away. I'll wait to hear from him.

No comments:

Post a Comment